Romeo and Juliet
Welcome Columbia University Alumni to Washington National Opera Friday, November 17 for Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet.
United by love… divided by fate.
Feuding families. Forbidden love. Doomed fate. So much is stacked against young Romeo and Juliet—and yet—love finds a way. Gounod’s opera is a grand and sweeping retelling of one of the most tragic love stories of all time. Everything you want from the captivating saga is here, from soaring music to exquisite duets to heart-stopping duels.
With Romeo and Juliet, WNO joins organizations across the Washington, D.C., region in Shakespeare Everywhere, an exciting festival celebrating the works of William Shakespeare. Simon Godwin, Artistic Director of Shakespeare Theatre Company, directs a phenomenal cast in his highly anticipated opera directorial debut. Even as their fate looms above them, you’ll root for this young couple and their ecstatic love that transcends life itself.
Columbia University Alumni will receive a special no fees offer by using this link to select and reserve your tickets or by using code COLUMBIA via phone at (202) 467-4600 or at the Box Office.
Orchestra seats at $85 and first and second tier seats at $39. Ticket includes pre-performance lecture, a special intermission champagne reception and the opportunity to mingle with Alumni Clubs across the D.C. region including Brown University, Georgetown University, Duke University, Harvard University and more! Reserve your tickets through Friday, November 10.
Discounted Orchestra seats range from $39-$99 and include exclusive perks such as:
- pre-performance lecture before the performance
- performance starting at 7:30 pm
- special intermission Champagne reception
- chance to mingle with Alumni Clubs, including Harvard University, Harvard Kennedy School, Georgetown University, and Duke University
Reserve your tickets now through Friday, November 10.
***Please make sure to use Columbia University’s offer code COLUMBIA to be added to the columbiaDC's contingent*** (tickets have been already discounted; using the code enables WNO to make name tags with college affiliations for guests, and add them to the lists for the private events.)
Please use the promotion code COLUMBIA when ordering. This is important for several reasons:
1. You get discounted tickets in all sections made available with no fees charged to you and your guests
2. You receive the Invitation to the Pre-production Talk and private Champagne intermission
3. You will receive from WNO confirmations and details for those using this code 1 week before the performance.